Read this article and discover the pros and cons of the 5 best photography websites for sharing your creative work and achieve additional popularity and exposure!
Today, it is typical to see two different things progress in parallel because of specific technology improvements to meet at some point in time and use each other to gain additional benefits. One example is the causal relationship between internet and photography. We can say that we all experience amazing improvements in the last few years to a point where both affect and influence each other like never before.
The huge effect of photography on the web content is simply amazing. However, in this article, we would like to focus on the effect that the development and improvements of the internet have had on photography in the last decade. Yes, we are talking about the social networks.
Even though the concept of social media networks is pretty broad, the main idea behind it is to serve as web platforms where you can share your creative work and get an answer back from the community and your audience. The social media networks also work as online virtual galleries where photographers (professional or hobby photographers) present their creative work, hoping to find potential clients and loyal customers. So, whether or not the main purpose of your photography business is a commercial one, the feeling of knowing that there is a person willing to pay for a photo you created is probably the best feedback you will get.
In this article, we are going to present you 5 different photography websites where you can share your creative work or look for an additional information:
- Flickr – If you decide to use this platform, your photos will gain a lot of exposure and popularity! There are 3.5 million uploads every day or 40 photos per second in one day!
- 500px – This is a very popular choice among photographers, especially if you take your photography business more seriously. You can find great and high-quality photos here!
- Tumblr – This is one of the best social media platforms where you can present your work! You can create your own site where you can post photos or share your thoughts and ideas about photography.
- Facebook – You can create your own fan page where you can post your photos! Depending on the number of followers you will reach, you can gain huge popularity and exposure.
- Instagram – This platform has become one of the most popular choices for photographers who want to promote their photos, as well as, their photography websites!
The website you are going to select is not as important as the uniqueness and the quality of your photos, so make sure to become a great photographer so you can be absolutely sure that your work will achieve the attention and popularity it deserves!
— мiмi (@dxydreamxr_) 29 de agosto de 2017